Property owners with aging pavement may wonder what is causing their asphalt to crack and deteriorate. Understanding asphalt stressors can help choose the right asphalt repair services for your pavement, but you’ll also need a relationship with your most reputable paving contractor.
The most trusted paving company in Severna Park MD, All State Paving has the most advanced asphalt repair methods, including crack filling. Let’s dig into why asphalt cracks and how crack sealing services reverse this damage.
Your Asphalt Damage Questions Answered
What Causes Asphalt to Crack?
There are several factors that contribute to asphalt deterioration.
- UV Rays – Sunlight leeches oils and chemicals from a paved surface, leaving it brittle and prone to cracking.
- Water Penetration – Asphalt is somewhat porous, and when water gets into those little cracks, it can wash away and break down the pavement.
- Temperature Changes – Water inside the asphalt freezes and expands, cracking it, then melts and flows away, leaving the asphalt damage.
Asphalt Repair Services for Cracked Parking Lots and Asphalt Driveways
- Crack Filling – This service fills in cracks with hot asphalt emulsion that prevents them from getting worse.
- Sealcoating – A sealcoating protects the asphalt surface from UV ray damage and keeps it waterproof.
- Asphalt Overlay – This asphalt repair service adds a new layer of asphalt over an existing paved area, giving it new life.
All State Paving: Quality Asphalt Repair in Severna Park MD
Ready to improve your cracked, worn asphalt? Call All State Paving today!