Property owners faced with damaged asphalt have to ask if they have to replace their pavement, but asphalt resurfacing is very effective in many instances and also surprisingly affordable. The key to getting cost-effective and efficient asphalt resurfacing services is to get in touch with your trusted local asphalt repair company.
In and around Baltimore MD, All State Paving is the premier asphalt paving and pavement repair company with decades of experience in the paving business. Let’s look at how our asphalt resurfacing services can save your pavement from expensive replacement.
The All State Paving Asphalt Resurfacing & Replacement Guide
What are asphalt resurfacing and milling services?
Asphalt resurfacing is basically what it sounds like: removing and then replacing the very top layers of asphalt for a complete fix of the entire pavement surface. Paving professionals use grinding machines in a process called asphalt milling to remove the top layers, recycle the broken asphalt, and then apply a new layer of asphalt.
Asphalt resurfacing is recommended when…
There are certain situations when asphalt milling and resurfacing can totally revamp your parking lot or driveway, including:
- There are cracks and damage on less than 30% of the total paved surface.
- Cracks are less than a quarter inch wide and shallow, i.e. not several inches deep.
- The lower levels of pavement like the aggregate sub-base are stable and undamaged.
- Asphalt is less than 20 years old.
You may need asphalt replacement if…
Unfortunately, asphalt pavement can be too damaged for resurfacing services to be effective. These conditions include:
- Asphalt is over 20 years old.
- The pavement has extensive (more than 25% of the surface) damage that involves deep cracks and multiple potholes that go into the foundations of the pavement. Extensive damage will reflect through new layers and cause problems on the new asphalt surface.
- There are structural issues with the asphalt pavement layers.
All State Paving: Your Trusted Local Asphalt Resurfacing Experts
We have the advanced paving equipment like milling machines to properly resurface your asphalt pavement quickly, efficiently, and for the lowest cost. Even if resurfacing isn’t a good option for your damaged pavement, we’ll work with you to find just the right asphalt repair solution that fits your budget and situation.
Contact All State Paving if you have damaged pavement on your driveway or commercial property, and we’ll perform a free inspection to determine the right pavement repair.